Health Benefits of Juice Fasting
Generally, the benefits of juice fasting for your health fall into two major areas:
1. Body Nourishment
Provided that our bodies are healthy, we can get all the nutrition we need from fruits, vegetables, and other foods we eat — provided that they too are healthy. However, our digestive tracts are often inflamed from overeating, food additives, stress, and the use of medications. As a result, our bodies are not able to efficiently absorb all the nutrients they need.
Fasting improves absorption of nutrients. Juice, a food in predigested form, is like a healthy blood transfusion, where you fill your blood with enzymes, vitamins, minerals, sugars, and proteins.
2. Body Cleansing
Actually, a juice fasting diet itself does not cleanse your body. Your body cleanses itself. Juice fasting just gives your digestive system a rest, allowing your body to redirect the energy normally used for digestion towards taking care of “house cleaning chores” – otherwise known as detoxification.
Specific Detox Benefits of a Juice Fasting Diet
- Your body and internal organs have an opportunity to rebuild – the whole body becomes cleaner
- Mental clarity improves
- You are getting rid of excessive weight without flabbiness
- Your energy increases
- You will most likely need less sleep and will feel more refreshed in the morning
- Immunity is strengthened
- Healing is accelerated
- Your skin becomes soft and silky
- You’ll experience a greater ease of movement
- Breathing becomes fuller, freer and deeper
- Taste buds clear up and taste senses are retrained back to more healthy food
- Metabolism improves; cell oxygenation is being restored
- Fecal matter in the colon is being dissolved and passes out of the body more frequently
- Your digestive system gets rejuvenated and becomes more effective; the peristaltic action of the intestines becomes stronger
- Detoxification that occurs during a detox is eliminating those things that allow disease to set in: fat cells, arterial cholesterol plaques, mucus, tumors and stored up worries and emotions
- Body fat is breaking down and releasing fat-stored chemicals (such as pesticides, drugs, etc.), which will re-enter the blood and then be eliminated
- Elimination of toxins will speed up and the rate of incoming toxins will be reduced —with a net result of accelerated reduction of total body toxicity
- Fats in body fluids decrease and, as a result, your blood becomes thinner and the oxygenation of tissues and movement of white blood cells becomes more efficient.
Important Benefit of a Juice Cleanse
One very important specific benefit is that enzymes, powerful metabolic chemicals used for all bodily processes, become available for all the backed-up metabolic operations that were put on hold because of lack of enzymes.
The Problem With Pasteurization
Pasteurization kills all the living nutrients that can help to heal your body! All the benefits from juice fasting noted above are available from fresh-squeezed, unpasteurized juices. When juice is heated, it is called pasteurization. All juices are pasteurized as part of government regulation.
There is no way to overemphasize enough how important it is to drink only freshly squeezed and unpasteurized juices when you are doing a whole body detox and juice rejuvenation. Otherwise, you will be drinking what we call “dead food.” Your body will be getting liquids, but absolutely no nutrition.
When you come to Fresh Start Health Retreat Centers, you will get many “bursts” of nutrition throughout the day. Whether it is a semi-fasting or a healthy eating day, your program will include a variety of freshly prepared juices and much more than you can get from a juice cleanse at home.
The fruits and vegetables used in our juices are organically grown. They are so important to us and to the physical healing of our clients, many of whom are amazed by their detox fasting results.
The benefits of juice fasting show up quickly. What is the end result? It is your story to finish!