Kennedy’s interest in the human body, health & wellness started early. His great aunt Ada would treat all of his family with applied kinesiology & traditional herbal medicines. Kennedy was fascinated by her work & natural abilities.
Soon thereafter Kennedy started strength training thanks to his stepfather. His formal education in the field started with massage therapy. It was followed by sports science training through the International Sports Science Association & the American College of Sports Medicine. Combining both strength training & massage therapy, Kennedy started working with highly skilled physiotherapists creating inpatient & out patient therapy programs. Although rewarding, he found that something was lacking in the work he did. Patients would leave the clinic unprepared for the real world stressors of their work or sport (this is the nature of physiotherapy-stabilize the patient & discharge).
Kennedy’s education continued at the CHEK Institute where he discovered a much deeper understanding of human movement, high performance sports conditioning & holistic health/wellness. His practice today is the culmination of multiple years of hands-on training & experience. Kennedy has worked with many athletes including: mountaineers, climbers, swimmers, cyclists, runners, kayakers, skiers, triathletes, thru hikers, hockey players, etc.
Kennedy’s skills include:
Core function testing including strength, coordination & endurance of the core
- Postural correction
- Core conditioning
- Post-physio training and integrated functional exercise
- Prehabilitation for neck/spine surgeries
- High performance sports conditioning
- Evaluation of the 7 elemental movement patterns of which all human movements are based
- Upper cervical spine and headaches
- Diagnosis and management of the knee
- Diagnosis and management of the shoulder complex
- Dynamic facial stretching
- Integrated functional movement patterning
- Physical therapy protocols
- Massage therapy