If you are registering more than:
Greater than 30 days prior to the start date of your program:
- 50% payment of the session price is required to register
- with the balance due 30 days prior to the session starting date.
Less than 30 days prior to the starting date of your program:
- the full balance is required to register or the remainder or the balance.
Each session we have guests successfully stay together as roommates and create long term friendships.
Due to the detoxification and healing nature of the program we have outlined under what conditions we do not advise registering for a Shared Room Package and require you to register a Private Room:.
We may require you to register a Private Room if you:
- Smoke, or just quit within 90 days prior starting date of the program. Your body will be releasing nicotine and you’ll have a very strong smell.
- Snore and/or have sleep apnea.
- Cough or have wheezing asthma.
- Have, or had in the past, a contagious condition (Hep A, B, C; HIV, Tuberculiousis or another Viral condition).
- Skin conditions
- Debating from the start, Private or Shared. Rule of thumb is: if you are already doubting whether you should share, go with a Private.
Please use common sense, if you know you’ll be making another person’s stay uncomfortable, go with the private room.
If you are totally fine with staying in a shared room, you need to be aware of the following terms and conditions.
- Only two guests allowed per room.
- Only same gender guests can be roommates (girls with girls, guys with guys).
- During the stay your roommate may change several times.
E.g. If you stay for the full 21 days, you may have a roommate in the beginning for 14 days and then someone else for 7 days, who are in shorter programs.
- Grouping roommates. If someone upgraded to a private room, we will group you with another roommate. You’ll be asked to move to another room or another guest will be moved to your room.
- Matching roommates: Fresh Start carefully matches roommates prior to the starting date of the program but we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility. Since 2005, we’ve had two times when we had to separate the roommates, both times due to snoring.
- Cultural differences: Your roommate maybe of different culture, nationality, ethnic or religious background and may have different life style views. Please be respectful of your differences.
If you choose to go with a Shared Room, you understand that you and your roommate will be going through detoxification, the natural healing program and may experience various physical and emotional healing symptoms.
Please be supportive of each other, respectful and cheerful. Always look for positive character traits in your roommate. Do not be a nagger.
Tip: At times a roommate does not like something but does not come to Fresh Start staff to share the concern. If your roommate is not happy with something, please remain neutral and DO NOT TAKE SIDES. Suggest the roommate make an appointment to see Program Director. It is totally normal to have differences of opinions.
Why Are Our Policies The Way They Are?
We rent the majority of the Ocean Resort premises for the duration of each event. As a result we needed to find a solution that would work for both companies. Please carefully read the cancellation, rescheduling and transfer policies below to help you understand available options.
Cancellation, Rescheduling & Transfers
All sales are final. We do not refund on cancellations, late arrivals, early departures or no shows. In the event you cannot make it for a scheduled session here are your backup options:
Greater than 14 Days – no fees or penalties. Can reschedule or transfer.
Less than 14 Days – penalty will be applied.
$500 per week for Rescheduling (7 Days-$500, 14 Day-$1000, 21 Days-$1500).
$250 per week for Transferring for an exact session you are scheduled for.
Less than 3 Days – cannot reschedule but can transfer
No shows or cancellations-cannot reschedule or transfer past session start date
Note: If the person you are transferring to smokes, snores or is not fit to stay in a Shared Room, he/she will be required to upgrade to a Private Room, as per Shared Room Policy.
Penalty Fees Explained: Rescheduling fee is to offset the expenses that have already been incurred. Two weeks before, if you reschedule, we pay a NONE REFUNDABLE fee to the resort – without any exceptions. The other portion covers pre-program preparation expenses: custom supplies, health profile study and preparation of suggested spa services. Transferring fee offsets the time of a health professional to remove all info of current guest and register/setup a new guest from scratch: de-setup, consultation, registration, study health profile and prepare new suggested spa services.
TIP: It takes a minimum of TWO WEEKS for us to prepare before your arrival. That’s why these fees are in place to offset the time of the natural health professionals and the staff. e.g. just like WestJet has ticket re-booking fee.
We strongly recommended to purchase a Trip Cancellation & Interruption Insurance in the event you have to cancel or depart earlier.
Rescheduling for another date is subject to availability.
Transfers-you can transfer your spot to a family member or a friend for the same dates and program type subject to approval by Program Consultant.
Very Important: Only personal phone call Cancellation/Rescheduling is accepted. E-mail or phone messages will not be accepted.
Upgrading, Downgrading or Extending Your Stay
Downgrading – because our payment policy states “All Sales are Final”, you will not be able to downgrade your program, accommodation type or package after you registered.
Upgrading – you have an option of upgrading, provided we still have space available.
Extending – contact a Program Consultant to request an extension of your program.
Please call a Program Consultant at 1-888-658-3324 to discuss your request.
Travel & Health Insurance
Health Insurance is recommended for guests arriving from outside Canada, and Travel Insurance is strongly recommended for EVERYONE.
NOTE: Typically about 10% of our guests need to reschedule last minute. Please be prepared. We will provide you with information about travel insurance through AIG Travel Guard.
After you have registered, you can contact AIG to insure your stay at the retreat.
All areas; special cases regarding Saskatchewan and Quebec
Note: As of June 26, 2013 residents of Saskatchewan and Quebec must purchase the insurance only through a local AIG licensed insurance broker. AIG will no longer allow purchasing a policy online.
Please contact a broker in your area; your broker may be able to purchase insurance for you through AIG (conditions apply).
- Go to the AIG Travel Guard website
- Or call 1-866-878-0191; choose option 3; Fresh Start ID# 5555