- Shared Room/Roommates Disclaimer
- Late Arrivals, No Shows, Early Departures
- Upgrading or Downgrading Program
- Extending the stay during the program
- Travel & Health Insurance
Fresh Start offers two financing plans:
0% Financing Payment Plan
- Best if you need just a bit of help
- Short term, upto 6 months only
- No % interest
Monthly Payment Plan
- Need to finance a larger amount
- Longer term, 6-12 months.
- Interest 10-14%, depending on the term
Please click here to learn more about financing.
If you are registering more than:
365 days or more prior to the start date of your program:
- 50% deposit of the session price is required to register
- with the balance due 30 days prior to the session starting date.
30 days prior to the starting date of your program:
- the full session price is required to register or the remainder or the balance.
Each session we have guests successfully stay together as roommates and create long term friendships.
Due to the detoxification and healing nature of the program we have outlined under what conditions we do not advise registering for a Shared Room Package and require you to register a Private Room:.
We may require you to register a Private Room if you:
- Smoke, or just quit within 60 days prior starting date of the program. Your body will be releasing nicotine and you’ll have a very strong smell.
- Snore and/or have sleep apnea.
- Cough or have wheezing asthma.
- Have, or had in the past, a contagious condition (Hep A, B, C; HIV, Tuberculiousis or another Viral condition).
- Skin conditions
- Debating from the start, Private or Shared. Rule of thumb is: if you are already doubting whether you should share, go with a Private.
Please use common sense, if you know you’ll be making another person’s stay uncomfortable, go with the private room.
If you are totally fine with staying in a shared room, you need to be aware of the following terms and conditions.
- Only two guests allowed per room.
- Only same gender guests can be roommates (girls with girls, guys with guys).
- During the stay your roommate may change several times.
E.g. If you stay for the full 14 days, you may have a roommate in the beginning for 5 days and then someone else for 7 days, who are in shorter programs.
- Grouping roommates. If someone upgraded to a private room, we will group you with another roommate. You’ll be asked to move to another room or another guest will be moved to your room.
- Matching roommates: Fresh Start carefully matches roommates prior to the starting date of the program but we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility. Since 2005, we’ve had two times when we had to separate the roommates, both times due to snoring.
- Cultural differences: Your roommate maybe of different culture, nationality, ethnic or religious background and may have different life style views. Please be respectful of your differences.
If you choose to go with a Shared Room, you understand that you and your roommate will be going through detoxification, the natural healing program and may experience various physical and emotional healing symptoms.
Please be supportive of each other, respectful and cheerful. Always look for positive character traits in your roommate. Do not be a nagger.
Tip: At times a roommate does not like something but does not come to Fresh Start staff to share the concern. If your roommate is not happy with something, please remain neutral and DO NOT TAKE SIDES. Suggest the roommate make an appointment to see Program Director. It is totally normal to have differences of opinions.
Why Are Our Policies The Way They Are?
We rent the majority of the Ocean Resort premises for the duration of each event. As a result we needed to find a solution that would work for both companies. Please carefully read the cancellation, rescheduling and transfer policies below to help you understand available options.
All sales are final. We do not refund on cancellations, rescheduling, early departures or changes to airport/bus/pick up/drop off.
In the event you cannot attend the original dates you have registered for, please see the rescheduling policy below.
We strongly recommended that you purchase trip interruption & travel insurance in the event you have to cancel or depart unexpectedly early.
We’ll provide contact info. of preferred Vendors after you register, but be sure to call your Credit Card company IN PERSON first to ensure they will cover you, in the event you cancel or your trip is interrupted.
Note: Most credit cards cover ONLY hotel, flight and car rental.
Here are several ways we protect your investment:
- Rescheduling Policy
- Transfer to a Family Member/Friend
- AIG Travel Guard Trip Interruption Insurance (optional)
We understand life happens and at times for whatever reason you cannot attend the original date you have registered for. Here are the options you’ve got:
Can reschedule: Greater than 30 Days – no fees or penalties.
Cannot reschedule: Less than 30 Days -program cannot be rescheduled but can be transferred for the same dates and program type to a family member or a friend.
Very Important: Only personal phone call Cancellation/Rescheduling is accepted. E-mail or phone messages will not be accepted.
How to Reschedule:
If you called us 30 days or greater prior to the starting date of your program, you have a full year from the cancellation date to reschedule for another identical session and type of the room you were originally booked for. (Subject to space availability).
When cancelling your original date and rescheduling for another date, please call reservations as soon as you find out that you will not be able to attend.
Rescheduling to a new session date is free of any administrative charges.
Note: You do not need to select a new date at the time of cancellation. You have a full year from the date you cancel to re-book another time slot for your program.
If you cancelled prior to arrival, we’ll apply 50% of the original balance, before tax, towards a new re-registration within a year of the cancellation
ATTENTION!!! We strongly recommend to contact AIG or another Insurance company of your choice and purchase an insurance policy to prevent loss due to unforeseen circumstances.
You can transfer your spot to a family member or a friend subject to approval by Fresh Start Health Retreat Centers:
- Greater than 30 days – any date (same or different. If different, subject to availability)
- Less than 30 days – only the current date you are registered for, as the date cannot be changed any longer.
Note: If the person you are transferring to smokes, snores or is not fit to stay in a Shared Room, he/she will be required to upgrade to a Private Room, as per Shared Room Policy.
We do not provide any credits or refunds, other than what is stated in the “No Shows and early Departures Policy” below, for late arrivals, no shows or early departures, regardless of the circumstances.
Be sure to purchase “Trip Interruption Insurance” in advance in the event you have to leave earlier.
Be prepared in advance.
No-show is considered a cancellation.
If you want to re-register, please see “How to Re-Register” policy.
If you have to leave the program early and you have 5 days or greater left, we’ll provide you a 50% credit of the remainder of the balance towards your next visit within one year.
We do not provide any credits for anything less than 5 days.
Credit cannot be applied towards spa services, but is transferable to a family member or a friend.
Credit is valid for one year, from the day of your departure.
Because our payment policy states “All Sales are Final”, you will not be able to downgrade your program, accommodation type or package after you registered. However, you have an option of upgrading, provided we still have space available.
Please call a Program Consultant at 1-888-658-3324 to request an upgrade
Please call a Program Consultant to request an extension of your program, or talk to the Spa Clerk, provided space is available.
We’ll provide you with a per day rate of your package.
Health Insurance is recommended for guests arriving from outside Canada, and Travel Insurance is strongly recommended for EVERYONE.
NOTE: Typically about 10% of our guests need to reschedule last minute. Please be prepared. We will provide you with information about travel insurance through AIG Travel Guard.
After you have registered, you can contact AIG to insure your stay at the retreat.
All areas; special cases regarding Saskatchewan and Quebec
Note: As of June 26, 2013 residents of Saskatchewan and Quebec must purchase the insurance only through a local AIG licensed insurance broker. AIG will no longer allow purchasing a policy online.
Please contact a broker in your area; your broker may be able to purchase insurance for you through AIG (conditions apply).
- Go to the AIG Travel Guard website
- Or call 1-866-878-0191; choose option 3; Fresh Start ID# 5555